From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BindException in loop
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:59:38 GMT
On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 19:21 +0200, seehamster@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Axis2 as WebService client, which itself uses Commons HttpClient (3.0.1) for
Http communication. I have written a simple Axis2 Stub TestClient, which runs in a loop (only
one single thread). after 3700 - 4000 calls, HttpClient inside Axis2 throws the following
exception:

> ..
> 30.03.2007 12:00:54 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.BindException) caught when
>  processing
> request: Address already in use: connect
> 30.03.2007 12:00:54 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector  executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request

> After retrying three times, the Axis stub stops with a final exception.
>
> Even restarting the JVM does not help immediately. It seems, that the OS (Windows in
my case), is blocking socket ports. Do you know, what could be done?

> Thanks in advance!
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Did you run netstat to see how many active connection your system has
and what state they are in?

Oleg