From "Vishal Doshi" <vdo...@qpass.com>
Subject Question about HttpClient and proxy
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 04:24:17 GMT
Hi,

I had a question about how proxy parameters are handled by HttpClient.
It looks like for some reason the HttpClient method that I am using
(passing a PostMethod to executeMethod) is not using the proxy
parameters that I have passed while starting the jvm and instead trying
to connect to the external site directly.

Just to make it more clear, I am starting the jvm with the proxy
parameters passed as arguments. I have not explicitly initialized the
HttpClient method with the proxy parameters inside my code, instead I am
relying on the jvm parameters to be picked up by the HttpClient method.
Apparently that doesn't seem to be happening as it is trying to connect
to the external site directly instead of using the proxy configuration.

I am currently using 2.0-rc2 version of HttpClient.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal.