From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Why does HttpClient.executeMethod() reset the host config if URI is absolute?
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:41:46 GMT
I'm trying to add relaxed certificate authentication to JMeter by
following the SSLProtocolFactory examples.

This works fine if I register the new protocol as a default, but fails
if I add it to the host configuration.

This is because of the following code in HttpClient.executeMethod():

    if (uri.isAbsoluteURI()) {
        hostconfig.setHost(uri);
     }

the setHost() method picks up the default protocol, rather than the
one from the current host configuration.

Why does executeMethod() need to reset the host details?

If it needs to, perhaps it should ensure that the protocol is not replaced.

Or perhaps the setHost(URI) method should use the current protocol if it exists?

S///