From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about following redirects
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:52:27 GMT
On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 10:35 -0600, Rodrigues, Reeve - PA (Consultant)
wrote:
> Hi I am a newbie and was wondering if some gracious soul could help out.
>

> What I am trying to do, is post some data to a form, if the form sees
> the key "secure_payload' in the query string it needs to perform an auto
> login into the site vs a traditional login. It then redirects me to a
> new page which I need to get the response and display
>
> Rather when I  try to follow the redirect url by doing a  get
>
> I get a
>
>    Method failed : HTTP/1.1 320 Found , when I do a post . Which is what
> I expect as I need to follow this to the new resource.

>    <h2>Object moved to <a href="/AWD/login.aspx">here</a>.</h2>

> Then it throws
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: host parameter is null
>

> I get no host ? I am confused? do I need to set some thing how does the
> new url get know the host information ?
>

> Appreciate your help
>
> Thank you
>
> Reeve
>

> Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/2.0rc2

Reeve,

I wish I could do a bit more for you but we no longer support HttpClient
2.0 let alone its RC2 which had numerous bug fixes. Please consider
upgrading to HttpClient 3.0.1 or at the very least to HttpClient 2.0.2
(the last stable release in the discontinued 2.0.x branch).

Oleg