From "Erwan Arzur" <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient & custom host names resolving
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:15:55 GMT
Thanks for you reply !

Basically, my host name resolution code needs to be called just before
the Socket instance is created ...

what i've tried (and did not have time to test much yet, because it
generated a whole set of changes on my side), is to change the
instance variables of HttpConnection to "protected", in order to be
able to override open() in an inheriting class. This creates code
duplication (because open() has a lot of logic inside), but seems to
provide the service.

If there is another, more simple or proper way of doing that, i'd be
happy to hear about it ;-)

Thanks agin