From JYu...@aol.com
Subject How to "mimic a browser" for threaded web sites?
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:31:00 GMT
Roland writes:

>If you're trying to mimic browser behavior, you will  find
>helpful information in our Client HTTP Programming  Primer:
>http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners

I checked this out and found it to be an excellent introduction to the
subject. However, I recently came across a web site that offers a new  challenge
that I had not seen before.  The other sites that I have visited  using a Java
application with httpclient work fine with a simple connection, but  one that I
came across recently seems to require a multithreaded  connection.  The
browser behavior at this site is as follows:

1) go to the logon page
2) enter user id and password
3) an informational window appears asking the user to wait while his
financial information is being found
4) the informational window disappears and a window comes up containing the
users financial balance

I tried to mimic my browser the same way as I usually do, using an
httpclient "simple connection," but the httpclient log indicates that I will  have to
use a multithreaded connection (because of step 3 above).  I am not  an
Absolute Beginner, but probably only about one notch above.   Could you steer me to
any wiki articles or other references that might help me  recast my application
to use a multithreaded  connection?