From Erxiang Liu <erxi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject why https site returns 403 when using proxy server?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:16:00 GMT

Hello, all:

I am also doing some proxy experiment using apache http client recently.
I added  httpClient.getHostConfiguration().setProxy("x.xx.xx.xxx",80);
//x.xx.xx.xxx is the IP address for the proxy server
in the code.

It works fine when I connect to a http site. eg.
URL url = new URL("http://www.eclipse.org/");
HttpURLConnection conn = (HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();
int result = conn.getResponseCode();
the response code I got is 200.

but when I try to connect to a https site(eg.
"https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/"),
the response code is 403. Does anyone has any idea why I got 403?

I set up the test proxy server after editing the httpd.conf file ;
<IfModule !mod_proxy.c>
</IfModule>

ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia On

I am using IBM http server 6.1, which is based on apache server.
Is there anything wrong with the proxy server setup or in the code or sth
else?

thanks in advance!

Michelle