From "Rajat Sharma" <rsha...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: Supporting HTTPS\SSL
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:49:38 GMT
I was doing exactly that and while making it work, I see this compile
error.

On line :    new TrustManager[] {new EasyX509TrustManager(null)},

Exact error is as follows :

http.org.apache.commons.httpclient.contrib.ssl.EasyX509TrustManager
required: javax.net.ssl.TrustManager
    Error:Error:line (127)incompatible types

I have copied both the required files. The files are in the right dirs.
This error looks very silly to me. Since EastX509TrustManager implements
X509TrustManager which extends javax.net.ssl.TrustManager.

This should have worked.....then what's wrong in here??

Rajat

-----Original Message-----
From: David J. M. Karlsen [mailto:david@davidkarlsen.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 6:43 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Supporting HTTPS\SSL

Rajat Sharma wrote:
> Okay, I made some progress on this one. But, getting a certificate
> Exception and it is as follows :
>
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
> find valid certification path to requested target

You have to import the signing CA into your keyring, or use a less
restrictive implementation, like
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trun
k/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/EasySSLProtocolS
ocketFactory.java?view=markup
See instructions on the same page as mentioned earlier.

David

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com