From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: HttpClient, SOCKS proxy, and webstart
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:57:47 GMT
Mark Claassen wrote:
> Well, I have some good news for you.
>
> Just running the JRE (like through an IDE) the ProxySelector.getDefault()
> gives a ProxySelector class or sun.net.spi.DefaultProxySelector
> Running through webstart gives class a ProxySelector class of
> com.sun.deploy.net.proxy.DeployProxySelector

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. You're on 5.0 or later, which has the
ProxySelector class. I stumbled over that one before, when I did some
digging for the Application Design FAQ:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/FrequentlyAskedApplicationDesignQuestions#head-b97e4a161e34e2f9ecefa891cdb92bb0a09e6746

I'm still working in 1.4 environments, so I keep forgetting
(or avoid getting used to) the newer features.

I'm glad you solved your problems!

cheers,
  Roland