From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: leak in MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.ConnectionPool.mapHosts ?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:51:28 GMT
Hi Alan,

> I trace down the source code and see the entries in
> MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.ConnectionPool.mapHosts are not removed
> unless MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager is shutdown. But if I have a
> static instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager which will never be
> shutdown during the lifetime of the program, will this cause the leak?

You are right, these entries will not be garbage-collected.
Please open an issue in JIRA for this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/issue-tracking.html
Feel free to flag it as "critical".

If you need an immediate remedy, you can modify the MTHCM and remove
those entries for which neither connections nor threads are queued.

thanks,
  Roland