From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: POST creates 2 packets with Firefox/IE, but 1packet with HttpClient
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:44:21 GMT
Hello Andrew,

> Wireshark indicates the 2nd
> packet is a "Continuation or non-HTTP traffic
> (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)".  The 2nd packet that the browsers
> generate contains the POST payload.  This payload is contained at the end of
> the single packet HttpClient sends so the payload is definitely included
> both ways and is correct. Ideas?

Sounds like the expect/continue handshake.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpMethodParams.html#USE_EXPECT_CONTINUE

If you're trying to mimic browser behaviour, you will find
helpful information in our Client HTTP Programming Primer:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners

The expect/continue handshake is mentioned in section 5.5.

cheers,
  Roland