From Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya <mi...@zoc.com.ua>
Subject JDK6 vs 5 changes
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:41:48 GMT
Hello everybody, I've got very strange problem.
My application uses HttpClient for web automation, it runs its task perfectly
with JDK1.5, but not with JDK1.6. Trying to complete some logging sequence
with 1.5 works ok but for 1.6 the same code (with the same
HttpClient3.1beta1) results in being rejected by the server.

I've compared HTTP traffc byte-to-byte, the only valuable difference seems to
be the cookies order. Mean I'm getting from the server:

Set-Cookie: Cookie1=Value1
Set-Cookie: Cookie2=Value2

Then HttpClient with 1.5 sends this to the server:
Cookie: Cookie1=Value1;Cookie2=Value2

, while with 1.6 it's sent in twisted order:
Cookie: Cookie2=Value2;Cookie1=Value1

I've run it with both JDK version many times to be sure - the order stays the
same for every JDK version. So the questions are:
1) Does the order matter from HTTP/1.1 point of view?
2) If no (so the server handler is bugy), where does this difference come from
and how to make 6 work as 5?

--
Regards, Mirya
ICQ #313898202