From Eric Hermanson <e...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Taking advantage of HTTPClient below the 'top' layer?
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:44:45 GMT
Hello,

Please excuse this potentially naive question, but I have been
searching the HTTPClient codebase today and I can't seem to put my
finger on where I can 'plug' into the code to take advantage of the
Proxy connection and authentication pieces only.  In other words, I
don't want to use the HTTPClient class to send/receive data, I want
to use my custom Socket connection as-is.

My existing Proxy code looks like this:

                     Socket tunnel = new Socket(proxyHost,
proxyPort.intValue());
		    doTunnelHandshake(tunnel, serverAddress,
clientRequestsListeningPort);
                     Socket clientRequestsSocket =
((javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory)sslSocketFactory()).createSocket
(tunnel, serverAddress, clientRequestsListeningPort, true);
		    ... from here on I use my own input/output streams...

Where 'doTunnelHandshake' is my custom Proxy connection code which is
turning out to be way too simplistic (i.e. doesn't support Digest,
NTLM, or Custom authorization).  Can anyone give me a quick heads up
on where I can start to convert this code to use the Proxy
authentication in HTTPClient and then communicate over my socket as I
normally would?

Thank You,
Eric