From "Alan Yu" <ak...@rogers.com>
Subject leak in MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.ConnectionPool.mapHosts ?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:25:25 GMT
I am using HttpClient 3.0.1.
I am writing a HTTP gateway which uses MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager

When the gateway keeps on handling requests to lots of sites, I see an
abnormally large number of instances of HostConfigurat / HttpHost in
profiler.

I trace down the source code and see the entries in
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.ConnectionPool.mapHosts are not removed
unless MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager is shutdown. But if I have a
static instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager which will never be
shutdown during the lifetime of the program, will this cause the leak?

I have tried using IdleConnectionTimeoutThread but it seems it won't stop
the leak.
Please advise.

Regards,
Alan Yu