From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject RE: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 14:06:10 GMT
Hello Armin,

> do I understand correctly. Even using only the
> SimpleHttpConnectionManager
> there is a underlying pool mechanism that is administring a number of
> real http connection? Where or through what settings is it possible to
> control the behaviour of this pool (besides max_host_connections and
> max_total_connections)?

With SimpleHttpConnectionManager, the pool size is always
one connection. But even the SimpleHttpConnectionManager
will try to keep that connection alive. And it generates
warnings if the connection is not correctly released.

Each connection manager comes with it's own pool implementation.
max_host_connections and max_total_connections are parameters
for the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager. If you want to have
more control over the pool, you have to implement your own
connection manager.

hope that helps,
  Roland