From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: access underlying socket in httpconnection?
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:49:45 GMT
Hi Ole,

> thanks, but this method seems to be protected (in HttpClient 3.0.1) and
> I cant find any easy way to subclass it together with
> MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.. any ideas?

Ah, of course. It would have been too easy :-(

The quick and dirty way is to put a new base class into the
o.a.c.httpclient package which provides a getSocket() method.
The new base class has access to the protected method of
the connection. It doesn't even have to be a base class, a
static utility method will do as well.
I might have another look at the source this evening to see
whether I can come up with a better idea.

cheers,
  Roland