From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connection pool in 3.0.1
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 02:42:11 GMT
I am using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager v3.0.1 along with an
IdleConnectionTimeoutThread.  I have the MaxTotalConnections and
DefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost set to 50.  If the connection pool has been
busy enough to grow it up to 50 connections but then goes idle, the
IdleConnectionTimeoutThread kicks in and clears all of the connections.
Say I start submitting one request per second, the
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager opens a new connection for every
request until the pool gets back up to 50 again.  When submitting only
one request per second, I would have expected only one connection to be
opened and reused.  If I submit only one request per second before the
pool suddenly grew and then shrunk, it only opens one connection.  When
the IdleConnectionTimeoutThread clears idle connections, shouldn't the
connection manager start shrinking the pool back down as it becomes more
idle instead of instantly trying to grow it back up to 50 even though
load doesn't warrant it?

Thanks
Tony

may be monitored.