From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to set http.protocol.single-cookie-header parameter non-programmatically
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:07:34 GMT
ohaya@cox.net wrote:
>> The only option you have is to implement a custom cookie spec and
>> register it as the default cookie policy.
>>
>> Hope this helps somewhat.
>>

> Oleg,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Is there any info on implementing such a custom cookie policy, or maybe some sample?
 I just re-reviewed the website, but didn't see anything immediately.

> Thanks again,
> Jim

Jim, I am terribly sorry for having misled you. I just realized this
approach would not work with HttpClient 3.x. I am stuck too deeply in
the HttpClient 4.0 code. The only option to change the way 'Cookie'
headers are generated in HttpClient 3.x is by subclassing HttpMethodBase
and overriding #addCookieRequestHeader method [1], which is of little
help in your situation. HttpClient 4.0 will have a more flexible cookie
API but as far as HttpClient 3.x is concerned I can't think of any
workaround.

Sorry.

Oleg

[1]