From Praveen Maiya <praveen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient SSL issue
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:11:21 GMT

Hi,

I have a HttpClient related SSL question. I have a read the HttpClient SSL guide. I am trying
to connect to secure site over ssl. If  we try to access the ssl site in the browser(https),
we get the certificate. I get the following message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
 The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate
authority.

But I can still go ahead and accept the certificate since I know it is a test certificate
we using for our development purpose. So I have the certificate now.
I am trying to connect to the same site using(HttpClient) one of the example EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory
program. I get the following
 errors

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target

So my question is what should I do to work this. This program works or I need other programs
like

StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory
AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory

which program should I use and what are the various steps I need to do get this work

Thanks in advance

Pen

http://mail.yahoo.com