From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject RE: Response and gzip
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:25:40 GMT
Hi, Samuel,

I would be surprised if the content actually has an EOF in the middle.  That would trip up
any program that tried to read it!

It's very rare for clients to send gzip encoded content in HTTP POST or PUT requests.  It's
much more common for the server to gzip encode the response (Google, for example), but for
client to gzip the upload is very rare.

If you are sure that's what's happening, I do have some example code that does just that.
 Here's some example code for playing with gzip POST uploads and httpclient:

http://juliusdavies.ca/gzip-post-example/

Maybe it will help!

The lynchpin to the whole gzip operation is this header:

If you don't see that, then your content is probably not gzip encoded.

yours,

Julius Davies

http://juliusdavies.ca/