From Richard Suematsu <richa...@syncadd.com>
Subject WebStart
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:08:22 GMT
I have a WebStart application that I'm trying to switch to HttpClient.
WebStart, starting with Java 1.5, will get certificates out of the
keystore of the web browser like internet explorer.  I have both client
and server-side authentication turned on.

It appears that HttpClient is not getting the CA certificates out of the
browser, but the client certificate is fine.

When used with URLConnection, the WebStart application works fine.

If I import the CA's into the JRE it works fine, but this is not good
for deployment.

If I try the use the Easy509yadayadaTrustManager, then the server side
is authenticated because it ignores the CA, but then I lose the
client-side certificate.  I think this is because I create my own socket
and replace the one given to me, but I'm not sure.

In case anyone is wondering, the URLConnection doesn't work for me
because URLConnection doesn't maintain state, so on every connection,
the user is asked which certificate they want to use (they have multiple
certificates).

Ideas?

--
Aloha,