From Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformance.com>
Subject Re: Best way to send XML to a servlet?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:42:31 GMT
Guy With Question wrote:
> I have a very large XML string I want to send to a servlet. I have the liberty to choose
whatever
> transport I want, since I will be writing both the client and the servlet. The servlet
ultimately
> needs the XML as an input stream to perform XSLT transformations.
>
> What would be the best way to send this large XML data, SOAP document, NV pairs, or is
there some
> other easier way?

Why not just POST it using standard HTTP?  If there is only one transaction
in the session, than SOAP may be overkill.  Is there authentication involved?

Chris

chris@webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services