From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:57:23 GMT
Hello!

I have a question: my application consists of several tens of threads, which
are sharing same HttpClient instance.  I was using
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to get connections, but I found there are
too many cases when for some reasons hosts are reporting "connection timed
out" error, while they are working great. I tried to avoid such cases with
settin explicit socket factory, which uses JDK 1.4+ connect method with
timeout. That resolved many issues, but there are still cases when host
reports connect timed out, but works great itself.

Looks like the application creates too many sockets (as I wrote in some of my
previous e-mails), so probably I don't need that multithreaded connection
manager - but simple connection manager, which closes sockets after they are
used and HttpMethod.releaseConnection is called, rather than keeps this
connection for later usage?

If I write such connection manager, will that affect cookies and related
information for each host, which is being kept in the HttpClient somehow?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky