From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject socket closing
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:00:14 GMT
Hi there!

I facing REALLY strange issue, and I'm not sure is it related to HttpClient,
or my OS or whatever.

My application starts several threads, which are opening concurrent HTTP
connections to various hosts. Currently there are 10 threads running. The
threads are sharing the same HttpClient/MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.

Now, after several hours of work application and overal system freezes: I can
type text, move mouse, but

* DNS isn't resolving anymore
* X windows works strange - I can't open new terminal windows or applications,
but I can use existing ones
* Firefox can't open any page
* top and iostat shows almost no load

after some minutes my application defreezes and my OS/WM start working as
usual - no hangs, applcations/terminal are opening etc.

A friend of mine told me it is possible the socket limit was exceeded, is it
possible? Does HttpClient closes sockets after it used them?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky