From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Apache support socks proxy and reverse proxy?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:04:28 GMT
On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 15:44 -0600, Erxiang Liu wrote:
> Hello, All:
>
>  A quick question.
>
> Seems Apache http client(org.apache.commons.httpclient) supports http
> proxy.
> The way to do it is to call HostConfiguration.setProxy().
>
> Does Apache http client also supports socks 4 proxy ,socks5 proxy and
> reverse proxy?

Michelle,

HttpClient _should_ work with the socks protocol if it is supposed and
properly configured on the JRE level. We _may_ provide better support
for the socks protocol in the next major release of HttpClient.

As far as I know one does not need any special support on the client
side for reverse proxies. Reverse proxies are meant to be completely
transparent to the HTTP agents.

Oleg