From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: have question about buffer size
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:11:19 GMT
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 22:27 +0200, Paranoid wrote:
> > Why should this be a problem? Over the network,
> > maximum segments you get are (after removing
> > framing/chunking overhead) probably that 1440 bytes in
> > size, and httpclient is then returning you as much
> > data as it can efficiently give at any given time.
> > You just keep on reading all the data, piece by piece.
> > That's how streams work; they present an abstraction
> > over what may be (and often is) packet-based transport
> > channel.
>
> some peaces are about 55 KB size, and first read is 75 KB. so why are all
> other about 1.4 KB?

There can be many factors affecting the content stream fragmentation and
the way it is being transferred across the wire. I suggest that you
install a traffic analyzer such as Ethereal and look at the packets sent
by the target server. If you are absolutely convinced the content gets
fragmented somewhere inside HttpClient, I'll dig into the code and try
to pinpoint the problem.

Oleg