From Mark Claassen <mclaas...@ocie.net>
Subject RE: Best way to send XML to a servlet?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:04:50 GMT
You might also want to consider using GZIP encoding.  I am not sure if there
is an automatic way to do this using HttpClient.  But if you are sending
large XML messages, a quick GZIP can reduce the transfer size by around 90%.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher L Merrill [mailto:chris@webperformance.com]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 10:43 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Best way to send XML to a servlet?

Guy With Question wrote:
> I have a very large XML string I want to send to a servlet. I have the
> liberty to choose whatever transport I want, since I will be writing
> both the client and the servlet. The servlet ultimately needs the XML as
an input stream to perform XSLT transformations.

> What would be the best way to send this large XML data, SOAP document,
> NV pairs, or is there some other easier way?

Why not just POST it using standard HTTP?  If there is only one transaction
in the session, than SOAP may be overkill.  Is there authentication
involved?

Chris

chris@webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services