From "Karl Funk" <karl.f...@volantis.com>
Subject Cookie rejection woes..
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:04:00 GMT
Perhaps its me, but HttpMethodBase is rejecting cookies that I think are correct.

I create a new client and make a clean request (with no cookies) to http://somewhere/app/hdat/
.

The response contains the following Set-Cookie headers

Set-Cookie: TZS=abc;path=/app;
Set-Cookie: TZS=abc;path=/service;
Set-Cookie: TZS=abc;path=/linkto;
Set-Cookie: TZS=abc;path=/code;

I have also confirmed these headers by network trace.

But I always get

WARN  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase - Cookie rejected: "$Version=0; TZS=abc;
$Path=/service". Illegal path attribute "/service". Path of origin: "/app/hdat/"
WARN  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase - Cookie rejected: "$Version=0; TZS=abc;
$Path=/linkto". Illegal path attribute "/linkto". Path of origin: "/app/hdat/"
WARN  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase - Cookie rejected: "$Version=0; TZS=abc;
$Path=/code". Illegal path attribute "/code". Path of origin: "/app/hdat/"

Which confuses me, the cookies are simply being shared between seperate applications, there
is no attempt to set for another domain.

I have tried

HttpClient client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);
HttpClient client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.DEFAULT);
HttpClient client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.NETSCAPE);
HttpClient client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.RFC_2109);

all of which result in he same rejection

and just to be sure I am setting it right I have tried
HttpClient client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.IGNORE_COOKIES);
which does indeed ignore the cookies (but this is not what I want!).

But most browsers (in fact all I have tried) work with these cookies.

So can I convince HttpMethodBase to work on these. - I know that I can parse them out myself
and add them back in, but this seems wrong.

Cheers,
Karl.