From Jason Blumenkrantz <jason.blumenkra...@onlinebankingsolutions.com>
Subject Downloading SSL certificate for a site
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:11:49 GMT
I'm trying to use HttpClient (version 3.0.1) to present my end users
with the SSL certificate for a particular website for visual inspection.
I'm plugging in the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and
EasyX509TrustManager in order to connect to sites using self-signed
certificates, but I haven't had any luck figuring out how to get the
certificate chain for a particular URL after executing a GetMethod on
that URL. Using the JSSE HttpsURLConnection I can call
getServerCertificates() to return the certificate chain for a site, what
would be the equivalent for HttpClient?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Blumenkrantz
jason.blumenkrantz@onlinebankingsolutions.com