From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: Connection refused exception
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:54:09 GMT
Hello Iris,

> I wasn't very clear, sorry. I DO read the response, but I perform an abort
> in the finally clause to make sure that the connection will really be
> closed. Does that make sense?

No, not really. Sending the "Connection: close" header and releasing the
connection does a better job of closing the connection. Abort really
makes sense only if you didn't read to the end.

Have you checked the queue size and worker threads of the web server
you are connecting to? Is there a proxy inbetween that might limit
the number of connections? Maybe the web server has some protection
against DoS attacks that is triggered by your application?

cheers,
  Roland