From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Betr.: Re: Connection refused exception
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 07:51:07 GMT
Hello Iris,

> I abort the post method and release the connection after each request.
> Also, I have set 'Connection: close' in the request header. The whole block
> of code where the post method is created and the request is executed, read
> and released, is synchronized.
>
> I thought all of this meant that the server did not have to deal with any
> simultaneous requests. But it still seems that something, somewhere is left
> open. (I am the only one testing on this server at the moment).

1. Sending only one request at a time somehow contradicts your goal
   of testing the server performance, doesn't it?
2. If you abort the POST method rather than reading the response body,
   won't that affect the test results? Generating the response body
   might be a non-trivial effort.
3. Aborting the request is a purely local operation. HttpClient closes
   the connection. That does not necessarily mean that the server is
   immediately aware of the connection being closed. It might consider
   the connection as open for a while, and it might keep a database
   connection open as long as it expects to need it for generating
   the response.

You should read the responses to the end and then release the connection
gracefully. Then the server will generate all markup and *knows* that
it's done after sending it.

hope that helps,
  Roland