From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ntlm issues 1 - infinite loop
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:50:18 GMT
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 14:30 -0800, Jeff Ling wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> Thanks for the response. Could you give me an example of how to properly use
> NTLM authentication?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Jeff,

Just adding appropriate authentication credentials to the HttpState
should be sufficient. HttpClient will attempt to authenticate against
the target site using the given credentials and will return 401 status
code in case of authentication failure. You should be using a custom
CredentialsProvider only if you want to present an interactive
authentication dialog to the user.

Hope this helps

Oleg