From "Mike Wilson" <mike...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: NTLM Authentication credentials
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:25:56 GMT
Sorry, I havent't followed your discussion from the start but here's
my 5c:

HttpClient has quite limited NTLM support, especially no support for
NTLM2 as is used in many enterprise intranets protected by MicroSoft
proxies/firewalls.

There is NTLM2 support in the Windows JDK since 1.4.2. Just use a
standard HttpURLConnection and set the property
"http.auth.ntlm.domain" to your NT domain, then you don't need to
input any username/password at all as this will be sorted out by the
authentication layer.
See: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/properties.html
(But then you will not be using HttpClient at all.)

There are commercial libraries for NTLM support on other platforms
than Windows, see f ex:
http://www.oaklandsoftware.com/product_http/compare.html

//Mike