From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: mod_dbd mod_authn-dbd connect to Microsoft SQL Server
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:03:35 GMT
Hello Scott,

on first reading your message, I thought you accidentally posted to
the wrong mailing list. I'm still not sure about it, but anyway...

> I have been looking over the doc and could not find a reference to
> Microsoft SQL server.

Why should there be? HttpClient is a client-side library for
HTTP communication. If Microsoft SQL Server talks HTTP, you can
use HttpClient to talk to it. If not, you can't. We don't mention
Apache HTTP Server or IIS or any other HTTP server either, do we?

> Is it possible to connect to Microsoft SQL Server for auth?

I fail to understand what you are trying to do. What does "for auth"
mean? HttpClient authenticates against HTTP servers and HTTP proxies,
if the application provides credentials. Why should we care what
particular server it is? We support the standard BASIC and DIGEST
authentication scheme, as well as the proprietary NTLM v1.

> And if so,
> could someone provide an example configuration?

This is the part where I am pretty sure that you are trying to
do something on the server side, like configuring an HTTP server
to use a database as user repository. If that is the case, you
should refer to a mailing list about the web server or the
modules you listed in the subject. The mailing lists for the
Apache HTTP Server are listed on this page:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html

Configuration questions should go here I think:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users

hope that helps,
  Roland