From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpclient and ipv6
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:46:41 GMT
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 18:13 -0500, Jennifer Fogell wrote:
> Does the http client support ipv6?  If so, what versions of http client
> support it?

Jennifer,

HttpClient is TCP/IP version agnostic. It relies on the network
abstraction layer provided by Java.

HttpClient should be able to handle IPv6 addresses as cookie domain
attributes, even though the use of IP addresses for that end is STRONGLY
discouraged by the spec.

Until I see the complete Set-Cookie header I am not able to say for sure
as to why it gets rejected.

Oleg