From Mark Claassen <mclaas...@ocie.net>
Subject Unrecognized SSL message exception when using proxy
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:00:11 GMT
If I don't use a proxy server, everything works fine, but when I do I get
this exception.  I have no clue even where to start looking.  Our proxy
server doesn't say there are any errors.

I am using Netbeans and this error occurs while running it through the IDE.
However the error also occurs *at the same place* when I use webstart.
Webstart does not have a problem downloading the jar files through SSL and
the proxy, so I know that it works.

HttpClient 3.0.1, Java 5

---- 2 ---- Throwable - Class (class dsi.core.io.ConnectErrorException)
Message(Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?)  ----
	at
dsi.joint.io.ApacheDConnection.sendSinglePart(ApacheDConnection.java:134)
	at dsi.joint.io.ApacheDConnection.send(ApacheDConnection.java:83)
	at dsi.joint.io.DConnection.sendRequestImpl(DConnection.java:103)
	at dsi.joint.io.DConnection.sendRequest(DConnection.java:70)
	at dsi.joint.io.IOHelper.loadServerList(IOHelper.java:43)
	at
dsi.client.module.ModuleController.loadServerList(ModuleController.java:1596
)
	at
dsi.client.module.ModuleController.access$1100(ModuleController.java:71)
	at
dsi.client.module.ModuleController$13.run(ModuleController.java:1431)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
---- 1 ---- Throwable - Class (class javax.net.ssl.SSLException)
Message(Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?) ) ----
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown
Source)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedOutputStream.flush(Unknown
Source)