From Jeff P Lee <j...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Equivalent of setFollowRedirects(false) for HttpConnection
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:28:09 GMT
Hi Roland,
Actually I did visit those pages, but didn't acquire an appreciation of the
advantages of HttpMethods over HttpConnection.  Now (thanks to you) I
understand.

- Jeff

             Roland Weber
             <http-async@dubio
             so.net>                                                    To
                                       HttpClient User Discussion
             08/23/2006 02:13          <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org
             PM                        >
                                                                        cc

             "HttpClient User          Re: Equivalent of
                Discussion"            setFollowRedirects(false) for
             <httpclient-user@         HttpConnection
             jakarta.apache.or
                    g>

Hi Jeff,
> Thanks Roland, that's exactly the kind of advice I needed.  (And thanks
for
> your patience with a newbie.)

You're welcome. But why don't you start with the examples
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/examples/

or with our tutorial?
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/tutorial.html

cheers,