From "John Mudd" <johnbm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: unexpected result from HttpClient Post
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:26:36 GMT
I used HttpClient to Post to a web page.  The ResponseBody though is
the original web page, almost as if I did a Get instead of a Post.
The field I populated is populated in the HTML.  It's as if I manually
went to the web page, populated the field and didn't hit Enter or
press the Submit button.  Does this sound at all familiar?

Here's my Jython code.

client = HttpClient()
postMethod = PostMethod('http://xyz.com')
postMethod.addParameter('fieldName', '2174131320')
statusCode = client.executeMethod(postMethod)
assert statusCode == HttpStatus.SC_OK
print getResponseBodyAsString()

John