From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Setting Httpclient Timeout
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:08:31 GMT
Hello Vasantha,

> If user does not respond to the security certificate alert dialog (by
> clicking on Yes or No etc.), then execute method waits there forever. I
> am expecting socket to timeout under this condition.

Then you have a problem with the SSL implementation you are using.
We have some timeout workaround code in HttpClient that is used on
JDK 1.3, where (iirc) it was not possible to specify a connection
timeout. The code starts an extra timeout(able) thread, which is
expensive. You can use it to implement timeouts in your secure
protocol socket factory.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/util/TimeoutController.html

hope that helps,
  Roland