From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Lockup in XFire
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:51:47 GMT
Hello Patrick,

> And finally, XFire reuses HttpClient objects. When I forced it not  to,
> everything worked fine. What does that mean?

Could be a problem with the server's implementation of connection keep-alive.
By default, HttpClient tries to keep connections open and sends the next
request over the same connection. If the server replies with HTTP/1.1,
doesn't send a "Connection: close" header, and doesn't close the connection,
the next request will go over that very same connection. But if the server
doesn't read there anymore, you'll see HttpClient just lock up.

If you managed to force XFire into not reusing HttpClient objects, maybe
you can force it to send a "Connection: close" header with the request?
That would disable keep-alive.

cheers,
  Roland