From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@gmail.com>
Subject DefaultEntityDeserializer
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:22:51 GMT
I decided to wrap the input stream that would do on the fly filtering.
However you really need the entire content in memory to do proper regular
expressions and content filtering so
I only want to read the entire entity at once if I am going to do filtering.

Anyway I thought I knew where I could put the code but it was never
executing.  It turns out (after looking further into the source) that the
entity is not really created until the
doDeserialize() method is called (that is correct right?)

In doService() I went out to the server and git the response.  I then
extracted the entity from that response, wrapped it with another entity that
will wrap the input stream and then
set that entity into the response going back to the original client.

I then look and it seems that after the call to doService() and
postprocessResponse() a call to deserialize occurs and within there a new
Entity is created and populated.

I am still learning the overall design and I don't have it all quite yet (as
is obvious)

My question to you is:  Is creating my own DefaultEntityDeserializer the
correct approach based on the way the code is designed or are there other
intercept points, wrap points that
I can use that I have not yet uncovered?

thanks

Doug

--
What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?