From <ashley.mcconn...@bt.com>
Subject RE: Too many files open under heavy load
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:17:44 GMT
Hi Roland,

I have managed to get it to work by forcing the connections to close.

I used code posted by Oleg a while ago: -

public class MyHttpConnectionManager extends
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager {

    public void releaseConnection(final HttpConnection conn) {
        if (conn == null) {
            return;
        }
        conn.close();
        super.releaseConnection(conn);
    }
}

I'm still not sure why it didn't work the other way, but this seems to
work with little-to-no performance degradation.

I am using the standard JSSE (using the guide here
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html )  We had
tried a few including JSSE without HttpClient and Weblogic before we
settled on using HttpClient with JSSE.

Thanks again for your help.
All the best,
Ash