From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: managing cookies in threads
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:51:53 GMT
> I think I need to collect ALL cookies set by each page somewhere, because
> implementation of sophisticated cookie management like passign cookie only to
> children of current processed page will be some overkill for now.

Then you should be fine with simply using the same HttpClient object from
all threads, without explicitly passing an HttpState. HttpClient objects
have a default HttpState object in which all cookies will accumulate. If
you don't see cookies being sent back with the requests, maybe they were
rejected by the cookie policy? The default cookie policy is quite strict,
unlike the browser compatibility one.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/cookies.html

hope that helps,
  Roland