From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: are refs allowed in HTTP POST URIs?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:47:01 GMT
Hello Ole,

> http://somehost.com/my/path#witharef
>
> When using this endpoint as the URI for a PostMethod the ref "#witharef"
> is removed from the path and never transmitted in the request.. I am
> guessing that refs are not actually allowed in this context.. am I right
> or should this be supported?

Refs are never part of HTTP requests. They are purely client-side, since
they point _into_ a document. The HTTP request will always be for the
whole document. Once the document is on the client, the application
can then look for the part of the document indicated by the reference.

hope that helps,
  Roland