From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject Re: Problems with SSL / EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:33:01 GMT
Hi, Ole,

Out of curiosity, can you try with my version of
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory?

Download it here:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

In particular:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/commons-ssl.jar

That jar file contains
"org.apache.commons.httpclient.contrib.ssl.EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory".

But personally I'm quite confused by your error.  I've never had any
trouble with EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory!  What version of Java are you
using?

yours,

Julius

On Thu, 2006-27-07 at 07:13 +0000, Ole Matzura wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've recently switched to using EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory forsupporting unverified
certificates. Unfortunately though it seems thataccessing resources with verified certificates
sometimes gives thefollowing error:

> --------
> 2006-07-27 13:46:23,140 [com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.EasyX509TrustManager]
- Server certificate chain:
> 2006-07-27 13:46:23,156 [com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.EasyX509TrustManager]
- X509Certificate[0]=[

> java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
> --------
>
> I init my HttpClient as follows;
>
> -------
> Protocol easyhttps = new Protocol("https", new EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory(), 443);

> Protocol.registerProtocol("https", easyhttps);
>
> 	MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager = new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();

> 	connectionManager.getParams().setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost( 500 );
> 	connectionManager.getParams().setMaxTotalConnections( 2000 );
>  httpClient = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
> --------
>
> If I just remove the first 2 rows above everything works fine..
>
> what have I done wrong and/or misunderstood? (I've just copied theEasyXXX related classes
from httpclient 3.0 into my source-tree)

--
Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services

1441 Creekside Drive
Vancouver, BC
Canada
V6J 4S7