From "Vinicius Carvalho" <java.vinic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with cookies
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:58:56 GMT
Hello there! Roland, tried using just one instance, got the same
problem. Oleg, I'm posting here part of the log (there's too many
things, so I posting what I'm guessing is important) :

What I find quite intriguing is the line displaying the redirect. My
original url was (the protected one I was trying to access):
http://acme.com:80/members/displayer

The first redirect line shows a url that does not even exists, its
combining the url from the login the the servlet that needs to be
accessed.
Also I've noticied a stale connection, is this normal?

Any ideas of what might be happening?

Best regards

DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Open connection
to acme.com:80
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] enter
HttpMethodBase.processResponseHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.cookie.CookieSpec] enter
CookieSpecBase.parse(String, port, path, boolean, String)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.cookie.CookieSpec] enter
CookieSpecBase.parse(String, port, path, boolean, Header)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HeaderElement] enter
HeaderElement.parseElements(char[])
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.Cookie] enter Cookie(String,
String, String, String, Date, boolean)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.cookie.CookieSpec] enter
RFC2109Spec.validate(String, int, String, boolean, Cookie)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.cookie.CookieSpec] enter
CookieSpecBase.validate(String, port, path, boolean, Cookie)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpState] enter
HttpState.addCookie(Cookie)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.cookie.CookieSpec] enter
RFC2109Spec.formatCookie(Cookie)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] Cookie accepted:
"$Version=0; JSESSIONID=asFE4ZJF_wab; $Path=/"
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] enter
HttpMethodBase.readResponseBody(HttpState, HttpConnection)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] enter
HttpMethodBase.readResponseBody(HttpConnection)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.getResponseInputStream()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] enter
HttpMethodBase.canResponseHaveBody(int)
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Redirect required
  INFO [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Redirect
requested but followRedirects is disabled
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient] enter
HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod)
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient] enter
HttpClient.executeMethod(HostConfiguration,HttpMethod,HttpState)
 DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Attempt
number 1 to process request
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Connection is
stale, closing...
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.close()
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()
  DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.open()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Open connection
to acme.com:80
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Redirect required
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Redirect
requested to location
'https://acme.com/members/registration/showLogin.do?display=127423'
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Redirecting
from 'http://acme.com:80/members/displayer' to
'https://acme.com/members/registration/showLogin.do
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Execute
redirect 1 of 100
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] Resorting to
protocol version default close connection policy
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] Should NOT close
connection, using HTTP/1.1
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.isResponseAvailable()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.releaseConnection()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Connection is
locked.  Call to releaseConnection() ignored.
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.releaseConnection()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Releasing
connection back to connection manager.
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.close()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter
HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] Attempt
number 1 to process request
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] enter HttpConnection.open()
DEBUG [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection] Open connection
to acme.com:443