From "Vinicius Carvalho" <java.vinic...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with cookies
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:32:00 GMT
Hello there! I'm building a app to get some contents from a remote
site that has authentication (it uses struts, and its just a simple
auth).
Well, here's what I'm doing:

private boolean authenticate(){
		String url = "http://acme.com/login.do";
		HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
		PostMethod post = new PostMethod(url);
		NameValuePair[] data = { new
NameValuePair("email","java.vinicius@gmail.com"), new
NameValuePair("password","123456")};
		post.setRequestBody(data);
		try {
			client.executeMethod(post);
			this.cookies = client.getState().getCookies();
			for(Cookie cookie : cookies){
				System.out.println(cookie.toExternalForm());
			}
		} catch (HttpException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		} catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}finally{
			post.releaseConnection();
		}
		return (this.cookies != null && this.cookies.length > 0);
	}

Well ok, the JSESSIONID cookie is fetched, no problem at all. So i try
to access a forbiden page:

boolean authenticated = authenticate();

		if(authenticated){
			HttpState state = new HttpState();
			state.addCookies(cookies);
			HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
			client.setState(state);
			client.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.RFC_2109);
			GetMethod method = new GetMethod();
			method.setURI(new URI(url,true));
			client.executeMethod(method);
			String contents =
method.getResponseBodyAsString();				method.releaseConnection();
		}

Well, instead of receiving the right page, what I'm getting is a one
of our pages that is shown when a forbidden resource is accessed
without the user having the proper permission.

What am I doing wrong here, isn't the user already authenticathed?

Regards