From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: HTTP PUT
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:46:15 GMT
Hello Philip,

> (and only then) should the file upload start. My problem is that at the
> moment whether the username/password is right or wrong the file upload
> happens and if the credentials are wrong it get discarded. Now this
> isn't a problem with small files but this application will be dealing
> with files 100s of MB large so it will cause unneeded delay and file
> uploading if I can't change.

you've already enabled the expect-continue handshake. If the server
still doesn't verify the credentials before sending the "continue",
you'll have to split your actions into two requests: the first to
make sure that the credentials are ok, the second for the upload.
You could/should also complain to whomever it is that implemented
the server that it doesn't work as it should. Note however that the
HTTP specification does not *require* servers to check credentials
before sending the "continue". It only suggests that they should.

hope that helps,
  Roland