From "Juergen Pill" <apa...@webdav.info>
Subject Re: RE: Http client 3.0: Setting proxy via command line options
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:57:09 GMT
Hello Amey,

thanks a lot for your quick response.

Yes, I do know that those -Dhttp... parameters do not work, as httpClient
does not use the SUN http classes, but opens sockets directly.

Unfortunately I do not use the HttpClient classes directly, but have an
application (NetTool 4.5.1) which uses the HttpClient, without setting the
proxy in the API explicitely.
So my only possibility to set a proxy (and use HttpClient from behind a
firewall) would be, if the HttpClient implementation would pick up some
-Dxxx parameters or some property file for proxy specification.

For compatibility reasons with the SUN classes the -Dhttp... setting would
be great.

Best regards

Juergen Pill