From Tatu Saloranta <cowtownco...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: URL escaping
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:35:24 GMT
--- bofh@redwerk.com wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 06:00:25PM +0200, Roland
> Weber wrote:
> > Hello Eugeny,
> > > But what if I don't know is URI escaped or not?
> > If you don't know it, how is HttpClient supposed
> to know?
>
> but 'wget' can work with both escaped and unescaped
> urls, as well as
> firefox/mozilla/internet explorer. May be it is
> possible to know?

It is probably not possible to know for sure, but it
is always possible to guess. ;-)
Browsers are famous/notorious for guessing what broken
things (like invalid HTML) most likely mean. Wget (and
browsers) probably also use some simple heuristics to
guess which one it is. But such logics does not (IMO)
belong to low-level libraries.

-+ Tatu +-